Find A Photographer
You’ve put so much time and effort into planning your wedding you’ll want every special moment captured for your photo album. But how do you know which photographer is right for you? Whether you’re considering someone who was referred to you or you are seeking your own wedding photographer, you need to do your homework. Carolina Brides can help you understand the important questions to ask to help you find the perfect photographer for your special day.
Here are some questions you should ask those photographers who have made your short list, to ensure that the one you ultimately choose is a good fit for you and your wedding.
The Basic Questions
- Do you have my date available?
- How far in advance do I need to book with you?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you shot? Have you done many that were similar to mine in size and style?
- How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photo journalistic, creative)? NOTE: It’s helpful to know the differences between wedding photography styles so that you can discuss your preferences with your photographer.
- How would you describe your working style?
- What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers?
- Do you have a portfolio I can review?
- What type of equipment do you use?
- Are you shooting in digital or film format or both?
- Do you shoot in color and black & white? Both? Infrared?
- Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like?
- Can you put together a slideshow of the engagement session (along with other photos the couple provides) and show it during the cocktail hour? What about an “instant” slideshow of the ceremony?
- What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
- Have you ever worked with my florist? DJ? Coordinator, etc.?
- Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding?
- Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason?
- If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover?
- Are you photographing other events on the same day as mine?
- How will you (and your assistants) be dressed?
- Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos?
- Have you ever worked at my wedding site before? If not, do you plan to check it out in advance?
- What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot?
- If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge?
Packages, Proofs and Prints
- What packages do you offer?
- Can I customize a package based on my needs?
- Do you include engagement photos in your packages?
- What type of album designs do you offer? Do you provide any assistance in creating an album?
- Do you provide retouching, color adjustment or other corrective services?
- How long after the wedding will I get the proofs?
- What is the ordering process?
- How long after I order my photos/album will I get them?
- Will you give me the negatives or the digital images, and is there a fee for that?
Contracts and Policies
- When will I receive a written contract?
- How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
Click The Bride To Find The Perfect Photographer